I found these Garlic Parmesan Nuggets in the herbs and spices category on the Swanson website, and I just had to try them. According to their own description, it's "Organic garlic, chopped and toasted to crunchy perfection in organic extra- virgin olive oil, organic parmesan cheese."
So I decided to try them with asparagus. Trust me, it’s a winning combination! Asparagus is an easy way to get tons of vitamins. Asparagus is rich in vitamins C and K and folate and minerals manganese and selenium. I roasted my asparagus, because I find it to be easy in the winter time. In the summer, I'd definitely toss these on the grill.
- 1 of bunch Asparagus
- 1.5 Ts of Organic EVOO
- 2 Ts of Organic Lemon Juice
- 1 T of Garlic Parmesan Nuggets
- to taste of Himalayan Crystal Salt
- to taste of Organic Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Trim the woody ends off of the asparagus.
- Toss trimmed asparagus with olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan garlic nuggets, salt and pepper.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet (I used a oven-safe skillet).
- Roast asparagus for 5-10 minutes depending on your preference. 5 minutes will be al dente, 10 minutes will be softer but with nice caramelization.