Salad is something that can become—let's be honest—a little dull if you don't add some serious variety from time to time. But we all know how good salad is for us, and the evidence of kale's superfood abilities is continually mounting. Thus, it only made sense for our recipe crew to find a delicious way to use the goodies in the Swanson pantry to show off this crunchy, leafy green! Our Kale Salad is filled to the brim with nutrient-dense ingredients that will have you glowing from the inside out! Our avocado oil and maple syrup will create the perfect amount of sweet and savory flavors that are countered with the protein-rich crunch of our delicious hemp seeds. After you replicate our delicious dressing for the kale, you'll quickly see that we found the most nutritious veggies around to perfectly complement such a uniquely savory dressing.
Time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 1 bowl
- 4 cups kale, torn, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon Swanson Organic Hemp Seed Oil
- 2 tablespoons Santa Cruz Organic Pure Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon NOW Foods Grade B 100% Pure Organic Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Swanson Ultra Himalayan Crystal Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Ground Cayenne Pepper, or to taste
- 1 radish, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 a large avocado, chopped
- 1/2 a cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 a red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 of a red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Swanson Organic Certified Organic Hemp Seed Shelled
Tear leaves off kale stems and discard stems. Break or chop leaves into small bite-sized pieces. Wash and dry thoroughly. Move to a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients (oil, lemon juice, maple syrup).
Drizzle dressing over the kale. With your hands, “massage” the dressing onto the kale until all leaves are evenly coated.
Sprinkle salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Let the kale rest and soak up all the flavors of the dressing.
Meanwhile, chop the vegetables.
Combine vegetables with kale; top with hemp seeds.
Customize this recipe with your favorite toppings! Try different spices, dressing options and your favorite vegetables.
Recipe adapted from Oh She Glows.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 316
- Fat 19 grams
- Protein 9 grams
- Sodium 388 mgs
- Carbohydrates 33 grams
- Fiber 9.5 grams