Looking for an awesome way to take your salad dressing to the next level? Throw away the packaged dressings and vinaigrettes and try this homemade Italian Vinaigrette!
This dressing is a much lower calorie option and is made with fresh, delicious ingredients. The avocado adds healthy fat, and the Italian seasoning adds a wonderful zest. It has only 51 calories per serving, but this salad topper is certainly not lacking flavor.
Give this recipe a try today, and don’t be surprised if it becomes your new favorite!
"I love making homemade dressings, and this recipe combines all of my favorite flavors. Plus, it's easy to customize!” – Lisa H.
Time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian spice blend
1. In a blender or food processor, combine olive oil, avocado, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard.
2. In a container with a lid (a mason jar works well), combine liquid mixture with all remaining ingredients. Shake until well incorporated. 3. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to one week.
Adapted from Peace Love and Low Carb.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 51
- Fat 5.2 grams [Saturated Fat 0.8 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 3.7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g]
- Protein 0 grams
- Sodium 98.8 mgs
- Carbohydrates 0.7 grams
- Fiber 0.3 grams