Looking for an awesome way to take your salad dressing to the next level? Throw away the packaged dressings and vinaigrettes and try this homemade Italian Vinaigrette! It’s a much lower-calorie option, and is made with fresh and delicious ingredients. The avocado adds healthy fat, and the Italian seasoning adds a wonderful zest. It has only 51 calories per serving, but this salad topper is certainly not lacking flavor. Give this recipe a try today, and don’t be surprised if it becomes your new favorite!
"I love making homemade dressings, and this recipe combines all of my favorite flavors. Plus, it's easy to customize!” – Lisa H.
Time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 1.5 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup Swanson Organic Certified 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cold Pressed
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup Dream Foods International Organic Volcano Lemon Burst
- 3/4 cup Eden Foods Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Annie's Organic Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Onion Flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic Certified Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic Certified Organic Garlic Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic Organic Italian Spice Blend
In a blender or food processor, combine olive oil, avocado, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard. In a container with a lid (a mason jar works well), combine liquid mixture with all remaining ingredients. Shake until well incorporated. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to one week.
Adapted from Peace Love and Low Carb.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 51
- Fat 5.2 grams [Saturated Fat 0.8 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 3.7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g]
- Protein 0 grams
- Sodium 98.8 mgs
- Carbohydrates 0.7 grams
- Fiber 0.3 grams