Coffee lovers rejoice! You can still enjoy the taste of your favorite beverage, but without the double dose of heat from summertime temperatures and a hot mocha. Iced Mocha is a low calorie treat made with simple ingredients that's ready in just minutes.
This cool twist on a hot mocha latte features ground organic coffee. Don't want any extra zip? Then use our decaf, which delivers the same rich flavor without caffeine. Organic cocoa powder delivers just the right amount of chocolate flavor without added sugars, fats or preservatives. Instead of sugar, our Iced Mocha gets its sweetness from Lo Han, a calorie-free sweetener made from monk fruit. A splash of vanilla adds a hint of exotic flavor. With soymilk, this refreshing drink is dairy and lactose free. Our recipe makes enough for four, so you can enjoy this cool, summertime beverage with your friends.
- 2 cups organic coffee (medium or dark roast), brewed and cooled
- 2 teaspoons pure Lo Han sweetener (or sugar to taste)
- 2 cups organic soymilk
- 2 tablespoons organic cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- ice cubes
- Brew the coffee ahead of time so it has time to cool.
- In a large bowl or pitcher, mix coffee and sweetener. Stir in the milk, chocolate powder and vanilla; mix well. Serve over ice.
Serving Size: Makes 4 cups