Even when your fridge is down to sparse necessities, there is always ketchup! It's just one of those things that has become a staple in everyone's kitchen and now we're challenging you to tweak that staple to better suit your lifestyle! Making homemade ketchup doesn't cross many people's minds, but when you take a moment to look at the ingredients label on store-bought ketchup... maybe it's time to reconsider. Take a peek at our Homemade Ketchup recipe that is free of preservatives, corn syrup, questionable ingredients and excess cost! Even better? You can play with the recipe to make it better suited to your savory or sweet taste buds!
- 3 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon organic ginger (ground)
- Pinch organic garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Roast grape tomatoes and onion for 40-45 minutes, or until the tomatoes are shriveled and most of their liquid is absorbed.
- In a blender, puree the tomatoes and onion with the remaining ingredients.
- Let cool to room temperature before putting in the fridge, and for thickest results leave uncovered for a few hours in the fridge.
Serving Size: Makes 24 servings. Serving size 1 tablespoon.