Prepare to be impressed… homemade chicken stock is easier to make than you think!
It’s a great use for the leftover parts of roasted chicken, and it’s an amazing alternative to chemical-filled chicken stock from the store. Plus, you can freeze it for convenient future use!
This stock can be used as a flavorful base for all of your favorite recipes.
"This flavorful chicken stock will be a great base for all of my favorite soup recipes this winter."
— Jenna M.
Time: 24 hours
Serving size: 1 cup
- Parts of 1 whole cooked chicken
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns, whole
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 8-10 cups water
- Salt, to taste
1. Place all ingredients except salt in a crock pot and cook on low for 24 hours.
2. Let ingredients cool, then strain through a sieve into a large bowl. Discard solid ingredients.
3. Add salt to taste.
Recipe adapted from Paleo Spirit.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 86
- Fat 2.9 grams [Saturated Fat 0.8 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1.4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g]
- Protein 6 grams
- Sodium 343 mgs
- Carbohydrates 8.5 grams
- Fiber 0 grams
|Organic Whole Peppercorns||Organic Bay Leaves||Himalayan Crystal Salt|