I love homemade cookies and I'm always on the hunt for one that tastes like a treat but it's always loaded with sugar or unhealthy fats. This one is just sweet enough to be called dessert and it's packed with tons of healthy mix-ins to pack a nutritional punch!
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and peanut butter and stir to combine.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork if desired.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 2 dozen cookies