You'll fall in love with the flavorful marinade made almost completely from Swanson Health Products ingredients. It uses a base of Arrowhead Mills Organic Creamy Peanut Butter and Bragg Liquid Aminos. Arrowhead Mills makes their peanut butter with Valencia peanuts, which are sweeter than other varieties, for a natural source of protein. An alternative to soy sauce, Bragg Liquid Aminos is an all-purpose seasoning derived from soy protein.
Combining Swanson Organic Curry, Garlic Powder and Cayenne Pepper gives it an authentic Thai kick - without making it too spicy to handle. A bit of lemon (or lime) juice and Swanson Organic Date Sugar round out the marinade for a dish that is heavy on flavor, but light on calories.
Time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 1 skewer
- 2 tablespoons SunButter Sunflower Spread
- 1/2 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 cup Santa Cruz Organic Pure Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Bob's Red Mill Premium Quality Date Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Swanson Organic Certified Organic Curry Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, liquid aminos, lemon juice, date sugar, curry powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
Place the chicken breasts in the marinade and refrigerate. Let the chicken marinate at least 2 hours—overnight is best.
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 to 30 minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill. Preheat the grill to high heat. Place the chicken breasts on skewers, then grill for 5 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 48
- Fat 1 gram
- Protein 6 grams
- Sodium 648 mgs
- Carbohydrates 2 grams
- Fiber 0.6 grams