Greek pizza is a flavorful, familiar treat. Now, it’s even more delicious and super convenient with these Greek Pizza Bites! Each muffin-like bite is filled with the flavors of tomatoes, olives and feta cheese.
Each serving has only 82 calories, and is sure to keep you full until dinner time. These bites make a great party appetizer or just a mid-day snack. Both kids and adults will love all the flavor they deliver!
Time: 50 minutes
Serving size: 2 pizza bites
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Swanson Organic Certified 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cold Pressed
- 2/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour Organic
- 1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Unbleached White All-Purpose Organic Flour
- 2 teaspoons Bob's Red Mill Double Acting Baking Powder Aluminum Free
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Oregano (Flakes)
- 1 teaspoon NOW Foods Turbinado Sugar Certified Organic
- 1/4 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Swanson Ultra Reduced Sodium Himalayan Crystal Salt Blend
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Amore All Natural Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, chopped
Preheat oven to 400° F. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and bell pepper and cook about 5 minutes until the onion is tender, stirring often. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
Coat mini muffin pan(s) with cooking spray, or simply put a drop of EVOO in each cup and spread it with a paper towel.
Whisk flours, baking powder, oregano, sugar, garlic powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
Stir milk, feta, egg, tomato paste and olives into the cooled onion mixture. Add the wet ingredients to the dry; stir until combined. Fill the prepared muffin cups two-thirds full.
Bake until slightly browned, 13 to 15 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 82
- Fat 3.8 grams [Saturated Fat 0.9 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1.8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g]
- Protein 2.3 grams
- Sodium 241.5 mgs
- Carbohydrates 7.9 grams
- Fiber 1.2 grams
|Olive Oil||Baking Powder||Garlic Powder|