It’s pizza night! Choose your favorite toppings and get creative with this gluten free pizza crust. It’s also free of nuts and dairy, making it a great option for anyone with diet restrictions. Plus, it’s flavorful and easy to make. Unlike most pizza crusts, this one doesn’t require a yeast dough or chopped cauliflower. It’s quick, healthy and perfect for your pizza-loving family.
“Homemade pizzas are the best—everyone can customize their pizza with their favorite toppings. This crust uses only a few simple ingredients but is safe for my gluten free lifestyle!” — Alyssa F.
Time: 25 minutes
Serving size: 1 large slice
- 1 cup tapioca flour, (plus more for rolling out dough)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon himalayan crystal salt blend
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, Cold Pressed
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. In a medium bowl, combine the tapioca flour, salt and 1/3 cup coconut flour. Mix well.
- Pour in oil and warm water; stir. Add the whisked egg and mix until well combined.
- Add an additional 2-3 tablespoons of coconut flour—one at a time—as needed. Your mixture should be a soft but somewhat sticky dough.
- Sprinkle a surface with tapioca flour and move the dough to the surface. Knead gently until it’s in a manageable ball that doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Place the dough ball onto a sheet of parchment paper. Sprinkle a rolling pin with tapioca flour, and use it to roll out the dough until it’s fairly thick. Add a few more tablespoons of tapioca flour if necessary, but be careful not to add too much so it doesn’t get too dense.
- Place rolled-out dough (still on parchment paper) onto a hot pizza stone or sheet pan and then into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on how crispy you'd like the crust to be before putting on the toppings.
Adapted from Paleo Spirit.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 272
- Fat 20.4 grams [Saturated Fat 3.7 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 14.7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 2.6 grams
- Sodium 205.9 milligrams
- Carbohydrates 21.9 grams
- Fiber 3.4 grams
|Tapioca Flour||Organic Coconut Flour||Organic Olive Oil|