GF Banana Bread Waffles! These hearty, fill-you-up-fast waffles incorporate some of our favorite ingredients—brown rice flour, cinnamon, almond milk, vanilla and of course bananas. They do take a bit longer to cook to perfection than traditional Belgian waffles or buttermilk pancakes, but they're worth the wait! We topped ours with some chopped up walnuts and a few fresh banana slices (admittedly, a few of us also soaked them in syrup). Bottom line: GF Banana Bread Waffles make for a great, relaxed Sunday brunch with family!
Time: 40 minutes
Serving size: 1 waffle
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Whole Grain Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Sweet White Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Bob's Red Mill Double Acting Baking Powder Aluminum Free
- 1 tsp Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Cinnamon (Ground)
- 1/8 tsp Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Nutmeg (Ground)
- 1/8 tsp Swanson Ultra Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Almond Milk - Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened
- 1 tsp Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
Turn on waffle iron. Using a mixer or whisk, beat 2 egg whites until stiff.
In a separate bowl, mix together the brown rice flour, sweet rice flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
Add in egg yolk, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas, then fold in stiff egg whites until gently combined.
Pour batter directly onto the preheated waffle iron. Cook until brown and the middle of the waffle firms up. Time will vary depending on your waffle iron.
Serve with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 182.3
- Fat 2.3 grams [Saturated Fat 0.3 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g]
- Protein 4.6 grams
- Sodium 183.7 mgs
- Carbohydrates 36.9 grams
- Fiber 2.9 grams