We've all found ourselves floundering for healthy side dishes that are delicious and easy. Well, try our glazed carrots and feel lost no longer! The delicious combination of mustard, honey and garlic all blend perfectly to ensure your carrots are not overpowered. There is just no reason to mess with Mother Nature's bounty! And these glazed carrots ensure you're only enhancing an already delicious dish!
But the best part of this recipe is when you finally bite into the finished carrots and, even after baking, they're still firm enough to remind you that you can have your veggies and enjoy them too. This summery recipe will prove to you once and for all that flavor no longer has to mean unhealthy. Dig in!
Time: 40 minutes
Serving size: 1.5 cup
- 2 pounds carrots, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons Swanson Organic Certified 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cold Pressed
- 2 tablespoons Y.S. Eco Bee Farm Pure Premium Clover Honey
- 1 tablespoon Annie's Organic Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Rosemary (Crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Ultra Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Thyme Leaves
- 2 teaspoons Santa Cruz Organic Pure Lemon Juice
- Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Parsley Leaves, garnish to taste
Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a shallow baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut cleaned carrots in half lengthwise and place them in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, honey, mustard, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, pepper, thyme and lemon juice.
Mix until very well combined and pour over carrots. Toss to coat evenly, making sure each carrot is well-covered.
Spread in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
Place in the oven and bake for 20–25 minutes, turning once or twice. Carrots should become tender and have a nice golden color.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from The Healthy Foodie.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 136
- Fat 5 grams
- Protein 2 grams
- Sodium 369 mgs
- Carbohydrates 22 grams
- Fiber 5 grams