The snow is falling. The fireplace is crackling. The house smells like freshly baked cookies. This perfect winter scene wouldn’t be complete without a warm, seasonal drink in hand. A Gingerbread Latte is ideal this time of year, and the recipe is so easy to follow! It combines coffee with the most popular flavors of the season: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and more. Each latte is only 35 calories, which makes it great to pair with holiday sweets. Enjoy!
"I would drink this year round, not just during the holidays! It's delicious!" — Sasha B.
Time: 5 minutes
Serving size: 0.75 cup
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 1/4 tsp ginger (ground)
- 1/8 tsp cloves (ground)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (ground)
- 1/4 tsp stevia extract powder, to taste
- 1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 cup fine ground coffee, freshly brewed
- In a small microwave-safe bowl or measuring jar, combine almond milk, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, stevia and molasses. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds, until very hot.
- Use a whisk, blender or milk frother to fully combine all ingredients.
- Pour into two mugs. Add 1/4 cup of brewed coffee to each.
- Top with cinnamon, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 35
- Fat 1.25 grams [Saturated Fat 0 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 0.5 grams
- Sodium 78 milligrams
- Carbohydrates 5 grams
- Fiber 0 grams
|Organic Nutmeg||Blackstrap Molasses||House Blend Coffee|