There's nothing better than a hot bowl of soup on a cold winter day. Swanson Ginger Lentil Soup is the perfect way to warm up, and spicy curry adds additional heat to each spoonful. A staple of Indian cooking, Swanson Organic Curry delivers a blend of spices including turmeric, coriander, cumin, ginger, cayenne and more. Swanson Organic Ginger adds savory flavor to a soup full of nutrients. Bob's Red Mill Petite French Green Lentils have a rich, earthy flavor and are packed with protein and fiber. The base of the soup is prepared with Rapunzel Vegetable Bouillon. With carrots, tomatoes and onions, a bowl of this vegetarian soup is hearty enough for a main dish. While we love our original Ginger Lentil Soup recipe, you can add your favorite ingredients to make the flavor your own. So the next time it's soup weather outside, cook up a batch of our comforting Ginger Lentil Soup.
Time: 45 minutes
Serving size: 1.75 cups
- 2 cubes Rapunzel Vegetable Bouillon - No Salt Added
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Swanson Organic Certified 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cold Pressed
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Ginger (Ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic Certified Organic Curry Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Swanson Ultra Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Petite French Green Lentils, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz of crushed tomatoes
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and dissolve bouillon cubes. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots and onion, cover and cook one minute. Add in ginger, garlic, curry, salt and pepper and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Stir in broth and lentils. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in tomatoes, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 275
- Fat 4 grams [Saturated Fat 1.9 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1.9 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g]
- Protein 16 grams
- Sodium 330 mgs
- Carbohydrates 43 grams
- Fiber 11 grams