Shrimp is oh so delicious and oh so versatile! Chef Jess of Everyday Gourmet has divulged her tasty shrimpy secrets with the Swanson Recipe crew and we're thrilled to share her knowledge. These Garlic Ginger Chili Shrimp can be used as an appetizer or main course and will keep your guests begging to have the recipe. This simple, healthy recipe will quickly become one of your staple "go to" recipes that will knock those greasy, cream-based comfort foods right off your list. Better yet, after you make it a few times you'll be feeling so confident with your shrimping abilities that you'll learn there are hundreds of flavorful variations to accent such a delicious creature of the sea. So get your spices flowing and give these delicious Garlic Ginger Chili Shrimp a try. You and your waistline will not regret it.
Time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 3 shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Swanson Organic Certified 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cold Pressed
- 2 tablespoons Y.S. Eco Bee Farm Pure Premium Clover Honey
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Ginger (Ground)
- 3/4 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Swanson Organic Certified Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Ultra Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
In a large pan, heat oil over high heat. Add all ingredients except sesame seeds and cilantro to the pan. Sauté shrimp just until they start to curl and turn opaque, stirring frequently.
Remove the pan from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro. Serve over rice, a green salad or alone as an appetizer.
Recipe adapted from Everyday Gourmet.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 162
- Fat 7 grams [Saturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g]
- Protein 11 grams
- Sodium 456 mgs
- Carbohydrates 13 grams
- Fiber 0.3 grams
|Clover Honey||Crushed Red Pepper||Himalayan Crystal Salt|