Time: 25 minutes
Serving size: 2 cookies
- 1 15 oz. can Eden Foods Black Beans Organic, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp Swanson Organic Certified 100% Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Bob's Red Mill Whole Grain Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 tsp Bob's Red Mill Double Acting Baking Powder Aluminum Free
- 1/2 tsp Swanson Ultra Reduced Sodium Himalayan Crystal Salt Blend
- 6 tbsp Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
- 3 tbsp Navitas Naturals Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp NOW Foods Grade B 100% Pure Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Blue Diamond Almond Milk - Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp Swanson Premium Stevia Extract Powder
- 2 1/2 tsp Singing Dog Vanilla Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, pecans or walnuts, optional
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Combine all ingredients, except for the chopped chocolate and nuts (optional), into a food processor in the order listed. Process for about 2-3 minutes, until smooth and well-combined.
Using a spoon or your fingers, scoop about 1 tbsp of the dough and form into a ball. Place on parchement paper-lined cookie sheet.
Top each cookie with a sprinkle of chopped dark chocolate and nuts, if preferred.
Bake for 19-21 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from cookie sheet.
Adapted from Oatmeal With a Fork.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 131
- Fat 4.9 grams [Saturated Fat 3.7 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 3.8 grams
- Sodium 100 mgs
- Carbohydrates 19 grams
- Fiber 3.7 grams