Time: 25 minutes
Serving size: 2 cookies
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt blend
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia extract powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, pecans or walnuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine all ingredients, except for the chopped chocolate and nuts (optional), into a food processor in the order listed above. Process for about 2-3 minutes, until smooth and well-combined.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the dough and form into a ball. Place on a parchement paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Top each cookie with a sprinkle of chopped dark chocolate and nuts (optional).
- Bake for 19-21 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from cookie sheet.
Adapted from Oatmeal With a Fork.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 131
- Fat 4.9 grams [Saturated Fat 3.7 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 3.8 grams
- Sodium 100 mgs
- Carbohydrates 19 grams
- Fiber 3.7 grams