It is so frustrating when you get home and you're starting to cook dinner but you need to eat something just to function on a second by second basis. Fruit and Nut Energy Bites to the rescue!
These are the perfect sweet, guiltless, little morsels to have around your house or office to keep your sweet tooth cravings in check and get that kick of energy we all need from time to time.
Loaded with dates, honey, oats, raisins, cashews, banana chips, cranberries and sunflower seeds, your stomach will be thrilled with this snack and your cravings will be satisfied for just around 60 calories each! Just mix, chill and get your snacking under control. Enjoy!
Time: 25 minutes
Serving size: 5 bites
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons freeze dried banana
- 1/2 cup Bell Plantation PB Thins
- 3/4 cup steel cut oats
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
1. In a large bowl, combine the chopped dates, honey and vanilla extract.
2. In a separate bag, crush the bananas and PB Thins. Add the oats and combine with the date mixture.
3. Fold in the cashews, sunflower seeds, raisins and cranberries and stir until everything is combined.
4. Roll into balls about 1 1/2 tablespoons each and store in an airtight container or plastic bag.
Recipe adapted from My Happy Place.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 297
- Fat 5 grams [Saturated Fat 0.75 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 6 grams
- Sodium 46 mgs
- Carbohydrates 57.5 grams
- Fiber 5.5 grams
|Sunflower Seeds||Steel Cut Oats||Pure Vanilla Extract|