Looking for a dessert that’s just the right combination of decadent and light? Then this is just the recipe you’re looking for! Not only is this dessert chocolatey and flavorful, it’s made with ingredients that will surprise and impress your guests. Who would have thought coconut milk, avocado and cocoa powder could be combined to create such a delightful treat? Plus, it only takes 10 minutes to put together. This is bound to be your new favorite recipe!
Time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 1/4 cup
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional in place of vanilla extract)
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk, chilled
- In a food processor, combine avocado, unsweetened cocoa powder, maple syrup, extra virgin coconut oil and vanilla (or peppermint) extract. Blend until smooth.
- Scoop out the chilled top portion of the coconut milk (coconut cream) and place into a bowl. Set aside or discard the liquid coconut water at the bottom.
- With a hand mixer, beat the coconut cream on high until fluffy, about 5-6 minutes. Note: If your coconut cream is not fluffing up, put the mixers and bowl with coconut cream in the freezer for 5 minutes to cool, then remove and continue whipping.
- Combine chocolate cream with coconut cream and fold until blended completely. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 346
- Fat 28.6 grams [Saturated Fat 20.3 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g]
- Protein 2.5 grams
- Sodium 47.3 milligrams
- Carbohydrates 22.5 grams
- Fiber 5.4 grams
|Extra Virgin Coconut Oil||Organic Cocoa Powder||Organic Cinnamon|