Looking for a dessert that’s just the right combination of decadent and light? Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse is the recipe you’re looking for. Not only is this dessert chocolatey and flavorful, it’s made with ingredients that will surprise and impress your guests! Who would have thought coconut milk, avocado and cocoa powder could be combined to create such a delightful treat? Plus, it only takes 10 minutes to put together. Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse is bound to be your new favorite recipe!
Time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 1/4 cup
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
- 3 tbsp NOW Foods Grade B 100% Pure Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Swanson Organic Certified 100% Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Flavorganics Organic Peppermint Extract, optional in place of vanilla extract
- 1 can Native Forest Unsweetened Organic Coconut Milk - Classic, chilled
In a food processor, combine avocado, cocoa powder, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla (or peppermint) extract. Blend until smooth.
Scoop out the chilled top portion of the coconut milk (coconut cream) and place into a bowl. Set aside or discard the liquid coconut water at the bottom.
With a hand mixer, beat the coconut cream on high until fluffy, about 5-6 minutes. Note: If your coconut cream is not fluffing up, place your mixers and bowl with coconut cream in the freezer for 5 minutes to cool, then remove and continue whipping.
Combine chocolate cream with coconut cream and fold until blended completely. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 346
- Fat 28.6 grams [Saturated Fat 20.3 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g]
- Protein 0.5 grams
- Sodium 0 mgs
- Carbohydrates 11 grams
- Fiber 1.5 grams
|Virgin Coconut Oil||Organic Cocoa Powder||Organic Cinnamon|