Move over, green beans, Brussels sprouts are quickly becoming the favored green side dish! These are no ordinary Brussels sprouts, though. They’re crispy, sweet, tangy and tender. Most importantly, they’re roasted. As opposed to steaming, roasting the Brussels sprouts gives them a caramelized, crispy texture that pairs well with the balsamic vinegar and honey. A touch of olive oil, salt and pepper make these little veggies irresistible. Try something new this weekend and venture into the world of Crispy Honey Brussels Sprouts!
Time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 1/4 recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 tbsp Swanson Organic Certified 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cold Pressed
- 3/4 tsp Swanson Ultra Reduced Sodium Himalayan Crystal Salt Blend
- 1/2 tsp Simply Organic Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Bionaturae Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Swanson Organic Certified Organic Raw Wildflower Honey
Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder to coat thoroughly.
Transfer to baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes, until tender and crispy.
While warm, place Brussels sprouts back in bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey and toss to coat evenly. Serve warm.
Adapted from Kevin is Cooking.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 183
- Fat 11 grams [Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 8.25 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.75 g]
- Protein 5.7 grams
- Sodium 254 mgs
- Carbohydrates 19 grams
- Fiber 6.5 grams
|Wildflower Honey||Virgin Olive Oil||Balsamic Vinegar|