Granola is one of my absolute favorite foods to have on hand to eat on top of smoothies, with almond milk and fruit, or just by the handful. It's so easy and financially-friendly to make at home!
- 1 cup oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds (ground or whole)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin organic coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 325*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, stir together the oats, flax seeds, coconut, and almonds. Add in your melted coconut oil and honey, stirring until all of the dry ingredients are covered with the oil and honey.
- Pour onto your baking sheet and spread out the granola evenly with a spoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and transfer it to a plate to allow for cooling.
Serving Size: makes about four 1/4 cup servings