As the winter months seem to drag on and the colder temps take a toll, keep your family warm with a familiar, wholesome meal. Chicken Noodle Soup is a childhood staple, and this recipe is simple and delicious. Plus, it’s good any time of the year!
Classic Chicken Noodle Soup combines hearty veggies like carrots and celery with the flavorful tastes of tender chicken and classic egg noodles. With only 172 calories per serving, it’ll fill you up without over-indulging. So go ahead, give it a try. Your family will love it!
Time: 70 minutes
Serving size: 1 cup
- 10 teaspoons Modern Products Gayelord Hauser's All Natural Instant Vegetable Broth
- 10 cups water
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Ginger (Ground)
- 3 teaspoons Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Garlic Powder
- 4 ounces egg pasta tagliatelle
- 4 cups cooked skinless chicken breast, shredded (4-5 chicken breasts)
- 1 tablespoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Dill Weed
Bring broth powder and water to a boil in a Dutch oven or large pot. Add carrots, onion, celery, ginger, garlic and dill; stir well. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until vegetables are just tender, about 20 minutes.
In a separate pot, boil chicken until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes, until it is fully cooked and no longer pink in the middle; shred.
To the vegetable mix, add noodles and chicken. Simmer until the noodles are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
Cover and refrigerate for up to two days.
Recipe adapted from EatingWell.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 172
- Fat 3.4 grams [Saturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0.2 g, Monounsaturated Fat 5.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 12.7 grams
- Sodium 187 mgs
- Carbohydrates 21 gram
- Fiber 1.6 grams
|Organic Ground Ginger||Vegetable Broth||Organic Dill Weed|