Bread is probably one of the most versatile foods out there! Whether you like it savory, hearty, sweet, or light, there is a recipe for you. And we are confident we’ve found the sweet for your tooth with our "Cinna-Sweet" Cinnamon Yogurt Bread.
It is the perfect breakfast! Just smother it in honey, agave or fruit spread and start your day off right… or really, what time of day isn’t right for a piece of delicious bread?
Almond milk, yogurt, vanilla, brown sugar and cinnamon combine to create the ideal bread that will convert your anti-breakfast family members, help you with guilt-free snacking, satisfy your sweet tooth and tickle your taste buds all for under 100 calories per serving.
Time: 1 hour
Serving size: 1 slice
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture in small batches. Stir thoroughly until well combined.
5. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray and pour the batter into the pan.
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Once done, take the bread out and poke with a toothpick to ensure it’s done in the middle.
7. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Original Recipe: Skinny Minnie Moves.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 97
- Fat 3.5 grams [Saturated Fat 1.8 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g]
- Protein 3 grams
- Sodium 136 mg
- Carbohydrates 14 grams
- Fiber 1.4 grams
|Himalayan Crystal Salt||Baking Powder||Almond Milk|