Everyone loves a chocolate covered strawberry, but the calories can really add up after eating a few.
This decadent dessert combines those familiar flavors with the fiber and protein punch of chia seeds!
This layered treat is pretty and fun to make, and can be a great snack any time of day!
“This chia seed pudding is delicious! I add extra strawberries on top. I'm hooked!”
– Marie A.
Time: 15 minutes + 3-5 hours
Serving size: 3/4 cup
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Combine almond milk, chia seeds, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Pour into a sealed container and place in the fridge overnight, or at least 3-5 hours. The mixture should thicken to a pudding-like texture.
- At the same time, slice the strawberries and toss with coconut sugar to coat.
- Cover with saran wrap and place in the fridge to macerate overnight, or until the pudding has reached the correct consistency.
- To assemble, lightly mash the strawberries to resemble a jam-like texture.
- Pour half the mashed strawberries in the bottom of two serving bowls or jars.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Evenly distribute the chia seed pudding into two jars.
- Add the remaining mashed strawberries among the two jars, and top with remaining sliced almonds and chia seed pudding.
- If desired, garnish with extra sliced strawberries and almonds.
Recipe featured in partnership with Fit Living.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 290
- Fat 12.3 grams [Saturated Fat 1.8 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 3.7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 5.4 g]
- Protein 10.9 grams
- Sodium 181 mgs
- Carbohydrates 40.3 grams
- Fiber 13.2 grams
|Pure Vanilla Extract||Organic Cocoa Powder||Coconut Palm Sugar|