The beautiful thing about fish, aside from the multitude of health benefits, is how very versatile it is. It can be baked, fried, steamed, etc., but this is the season to grill it! So wrap those gorgeous fillets in some eco-friendly tin foil and season them to perfection with thyme, cayenne, oregano and paprika for the perfect Cajun kick to perk up your taste buds. Even if you're not a huge fish person, halibut is the perfect way to test the waters, as it will take on the flavor of the organic spices and smoky goodness from the grill. The flaky yet hearty texture of halibut is perfectly coupled with Cajun spices in this simple, healthy recipe. Light up those grills!
Time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 1 fillet
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt blend
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 halibut fillets, approximately 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed, divided
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Brush the mixture on both sides of the halibut fillets with 1 tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle more seasoning on the top of each fillet and lightly massage to coat one side. Heat grill to medium heat. Place fish in a tinfoil vessel.
- Brush remaining 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil on tinfoil to keep the fish from sticking. Place fillets, seasoned side down, on grill. Cook until brown on bottom and opaque in the center, about 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 306.5
- Fat 12 grams [Saturated Fat 1.75 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 5.5 g]
- Protein 46 grams
- Sodium 328 milligrams
- Carbohydrates 1 gram
- Fiber 0.5 grams
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||Himalayan Crystal Salt Blend||Oregano Flakes|