The beautiful thing about fish, aside from the multitude of health benefits, is how very versatile it is. It can be prepared baked, fried, steamed, etc. but this is the season to grill it! So wrap those gorgeous filets in some eco-friendly tin foil and season them to perfection with our organic thyme, cayenne, oregano and paprika for the perfect Cajun kick to perk up your taste buds!
Grilling fish is the best summer dinner because you're giving yourself essential fatty acids, a contently full stomach, and a meal with no regret. Even if you're not a huge fish person, Halibut is the perfect way to test the waters, as it will take on the flavor of the organic spices and smoky goodness from the grill. The flaky yet hearty texture of Halibut is perfectly coupled with Cajun spices in this simple, healthy recipe. Light up those grills!
Time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 1 fillet
- 3/4 teaspoon Swanson Ultra Reduced Sodium Himalayan Crystal Salt Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Oregano (Flakes)
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Paprika (Ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper
- 4 halibut fillets, approximately 6 oz each
- 2 tablespoons Swanson Organic Certified 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cold Pressed, divided
Mix first 7 ingredients in small bowl. Brush mixture on both sides of halibut fillets with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle top of each with seasoning and lightly massage to coat one side of each filet. Heat grill to medium heat. Place fish in a tinfoil vessel. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to tinfoil to keep fish from sticking. Place fillets, seasoned side down, on grill. Cook until brown on bottom an opaque in the center, about 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 306.5
- Fat 12 grams [Saturated Fat 1.75 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 5.5 g]
- Protein 46 grams
- Sodium 328 mgs
- Carbohydrates 1 gram
- Fiber 0.5 grams
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||Himalayan Crystal Salt Blend||Oregano Flakes|