If you’ve been looking for a way to try a veggie burger, this is it! These Butternut Squash & Apple Burgers are full of flavor and packed with nutrition. Each burger delivers over 9 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber! To amp up the flavor even more, top your burgers with Caramelized Onion & Sage Aioli.
"My family is vegetarian, and this burger recipe was a great way to switch up our usual black bean burgers."— Blake L.
Time: 1 hour + 30 minutes
Serving size: 1 burger
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Whole Grain Wild and Brown Rice Premium Rice Mix
- 3 cups Pacific Natural Foods Organic Vegetable Broth - Low Sodium
- 3 cups butternut squash, diced
- 1 cup shallots, chopped
- 2 cups granny smith apples, diced
- 1/4 tsp Swanson Ultra Reduced Sodium Himalayan Crystal Salt Blend, or to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 cup Swanson Organic Certified Organic Pumpkin Seeds Raw, Shelled
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1/4 cup Pacific Natural Foods Organic Vegetable Broth - Low Sodium
- 1/2 tsp NOW Foods Grade B 100% Pure Organic Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Santa Cruz Organic Pure Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup mayo
For instructions on how to make these delicious burgers, check out Veggies Don’t Bite.
Try our Homemade Mayo recipe.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 492
- Fat 17.2 grams [Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 9.7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8 g]
- Protein 9.3 grams
- Sodium 187 mgs
- Carbohydrates 74 grams
- Fiber 8 grams
|Pure Maple Syrup||Thyme Leaves||Raw Pumpkin Seeds|