So rich and moist, Swanson Better-for-You Brownies are a great way to enjoy a chocolaty treat without breaking the diet. With a soft texture, they practically melt right in your mouth. You won't have to completely sacrifice your diet to enjoy this sweet snack because our Better-for-You Brownies have just 110 calories and less than 5 grams of fat.
We start our Better-for-You Brownies with applesauce and chocolate flax oil, instead of butters or other unhealthy fats. Eden Foods' Organic Apple Sauce is a natural source of nutrients and antioxidants, without added sugar. Royal Harvest Chocolate Flax Oil features ALA omega-3 fatty acids. Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Baking Flour is gluten free and is made from a blend of potatoes, sorghum, tapioca, garbanzo and fava beans. Adding just enough chocolate taste, Swanson Organic Cocoa Powder is an unsweetened, superfine powder that has no added sugar, fat or preservatives. All these healthy ingredients unite for a great-tasting, guilt-free snack. But grab one when you can, because we guarantee that a pan of Better-for-You Brownies won't be around for long.
Time: 40 minutes
Serving size: 1 brownie
- 1/4 cup Eden Foods Apple Sauce Organic
- 1/4 cup chocolate flax oil
- 1 cup Swanson Premium 100% Pure Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1/3 cup Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
- 1/4 teaspoon Bob's Red Mill Double Acting Baking Powder Aluminum Free
- 1/4 teaspoon Swanson Ultra Himalayan Crystal Salt
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 9 inch pan (we like to use Swanson Organic Coconut Oil).
In a medium bowl, mix together the applesauce, oil, fructose and vanilla. Beat in eggs. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the fructose mixture until well blended. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan. Let cool before cutting into squares.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 110
- Fat 4 grams [Saturated Fat 0.7 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2.8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.7 g]
- Protein 2 grams
- Sodium 55 mgs
- Carbohydrates 17 grams
- Fiber 1 gram