Comfort Food made Easy, Healthy, and Delicious. This slow-cooker recipe gives you the night off from cooking and fills you and your family full of food that's great for your health.
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash, peeled and diced into (roughly) 1-inch cubes
- 1 organic red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 can (or 1.5 cups cooked) kidney beans
- 1 can (or 1.5 cups cooked) black beans
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2.5 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon each: paprika*, cayenne pepper*, dried cilantro *use less of or eliminate for a non-spicy version
- 1 teaspoon each: chili powder, cumin
- black pepper & salt to taste, as desired
- Add all of the ingredients to a large slow-cooker.
- Stir it up so that all of the ingredients are mixed together.
- Cook on either high for 6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
- Spoon into a bowl and add any desired toppings (avocado, fresh cilantro, etc.).
Serving Size: Makes about 6 large servings