There is nothing more rewarding than opening a jar of your homemade Apricot Spread and hearing those you love say, “Oh wow. That’s good! You made this?” And you can smile contentedly knowing it was amazingly easy to make! Even better, make our Apricot Spread and wrap an adorable bow around gorgeous jars for the perfect gift. Honestly, who doesn’t love homemade fruit spread? No one. Especially when there are only 45 calories per serving.
Time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Santa Cruz Organic Pure Lemon Juice
- 2 packages Swanson Organic Certified Organic Turkish Apricots Natural, Unsulphured
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Cinnamon (Ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Nutmeg (Ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Ginger (Ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Cloves (Ground)
In a pot, bring the water and lemon juice to a boil. Add dried apricots. Cover pot with lid and let cook until the apricots are tender, about 5-10 minutes. Let cool and then pour into a blender/food processor and blend until it is as smooth as you like it.
Slowly fold in vanilla and spices while tasting, so you get the seasonings to your liking. Store in an airtight jar or container in the fridge. It will hold for at least one week.
Consider making a double batch and freezing in plastic containers to always have on hand!
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 45
- Fat 0 grams
- Protein 0.5 grams
- Sodium 0 mgs
- Carbohydrates 11 grams
- Fiber 1.5 grams
|Natural Apricots||Vanilla Extract||Organic Cinnamon|