Whether it's a resolution you set for January, or a goal you hope to reach during the upcoming year (mine is to fit in my wedding dress in a couple of months!), now is the time to make this year of your life a healthier one.
The first step is to take a look at what your diet and health have been like for the last 12 months. Think about questions like these and write down your answers in a notebook so that you can look back at them again a year from now:
• How does your weight compare with a year ago?
• Do you feel healthy and have a lot of energy or are you tired all the time?
• Do you take vitamins or other nutritional supplements?
• Do you eat at home most of the time? If so, what types of foods? Whole fresh organic foods, boxed foods or TV dinners?
• If you eat in a restaurant, what types of restaurants do you go to and what types of foods do you choose?
• How physically active are you? Do you exercise regularly?
• Do you eat healthy size portions, or do you stuff yourself with every meal?
• Do you have excess stress in your life?
• Do you smoke?
• How much alcohol do you drink each week?
It is important to take an honest look at your health and dietary habits in order to set goals for your best natural health. After looking back over the last year, set goals for the New Year. Look at the negative aspects and turn them into positive changes!