After spending the last few years working in the natural health business, I've read plenty of websites and blogs proclaim the health benefits of a raw food diet. I decided I wanted to challenge myself and went on a raw diet for one full week. I just finished the raw week and am going to tell you about how it went.
Why I went Raw for One Week
• Help my body with cleansing and detoxification
• Become leaner
• Learn to incorporate more raw foods into my diet
• To see how it affected my energy levels
• Become better cook by using ingredients in new ways
• Get some use out of my blender and food processor
• I enjoy a good challenge
Not reasons I went Raw
• To lose a significant amount of weight
• I think it's the healthiest diet out there and want to permanently stay on it
My Challenges on a Raw Food Diet
• I've never been on a restrictive diet
• I really enjoy eating meat, bread, pasta
• Not drinking coffee, beer or other delicious beverages
• Watching my children and coworkers eat what I consider 'regular food'
• Lack of convenient snacks
• Not a lot of fresh, local, in-season produce available in North Dakota in February
• No warm food when the weather is around zero degrees
As I mentioned at the top, I am now done with my Raw week and will tell you about it in upcoming blog posts. If you've done a Raw diet for an extended period of time, please leave a comment sharing your tips for going raw!
Vitamins & Supplements
Food & Nutrition
Health & Beauty