Your taste buds are about to freak out. It’s time to take your snacks to the next level with some crazy-good homemade popcorn seasonings!
Skip the microwave popcorn that’s covered in butter and unhealthy, fake ingredients. This method of making popcorn on the stove top with coconut oil is SO easy, and it tastes delicious even without added seasonings! Not a fan of coconut oil? Give this recipe a try anyway. It doesn’t end up with a strong coconut-y taste.
After you make the popcorn yourself (high five), try out one of these fun recipes. If you’ve got a sweet tooth, make sure to try the cinnamon sugar recipe. Or if you’re interested in the newest craze in health foods, try the matcha sea salt recipe.
No matter which one you try, we’d love to hear about it! Let us know how you like ‘em!
Homemade Popcorn Recipe Supplies
Homemade Popcorn Instructions
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Put three or four kernels into the oil and cover the pan.
3. When the kernels pop, add the rest of the popcorn to the pan and cover.
4. Frequently shake the pan gently while keeping it over the heat.
5. Once the popping slows to a few seconds between pops, remove from the heat and dump into a large bowl.
How To Make Popcorn Seasoning
1. Combine all ingredients (spices, herbs, etc) from the recipe into a blender or food processor.
2. Blend on high for a few seconds until large chunks are made into a powder consistency.
3. Store in spice jar, tupperware or baggie.
How good do those pieces of popcorn above look?
You can get all of our favorite popcorn seasoning recipes below.
Ranch Popcorn Seasoning Recipe
- 1 tbsp onion flakes
- 2 tsp parsley leaves
- 2 tsp basil leaves
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
Ranch seasoning is full of awesome spices that you probably already have in the cupboard. Parsley contains potassium, folate and vitamin K. Basil delivers vitamin C, calcium and iron.
Parmesan Rosemary Popcorn Seasoning Recipe
Rosemary is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect your body from harmful free radicals.
Matcha Sea Salt Popcorn Seasoning
Did you know that matcha is a finely milled powder of green tea leaves? It’s popular worldwide, perhaps due to its antioxidant properties.
Spicy Chipotle Popcorn Seasoning
Chipotle powder contains capsaicin, which is full of health-boosting properties. It’s also what gives the powder its spice!
Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn Seasoning
Cinnamon is known to support metabolic function, and it also helps with weight management. Plus, it tastes delicious and pairs so sweetly with brown sugar!
Coconut Curry Popcorn Seasoning
Curry powder is a blend of powerful spices, including turmeric, which is great for the liver and digestive system.
Taco Popcorn Seasoning Recipe
Nutritional yeast is known for its cheese-like flavor. It impressively contains 7 different B vitamins, including vitamin B-12, niacin and folic acid.
How To Add Seasoning to Popcorn
1. Put warm popcorn into a paper bag (the “large lunch sack” sizes work well).
2. Drizzle additional melted coconut oil over popcorn to your liking.
3. Close the bag and shake to distribute the oil.
4. Sprinkle popcorn seasoning over the popcorn.
5. Close the bag and shake to evenly coat the popcorn.