Here’s a secret to looking good that every woman should know about: antioxidants. These little substances may help prevent and repair cell damage. Because women are more prone to cell damage than men, they need more antioxidants. To get antioxidants and other nutrients that are important for women, try adding these foods to your diet:
- Berries – They’re more than just sweet and juicy. Berries are a natural source of anthocyanins, which promote healthy skin. They also have lutein, which supports vision.
- Walnuts – You can find gamma-tocopherol in walnuts. That’s the type of vitamin E that boosts heart health.
- Non-fat fortified milk – A top source of vitamin D, milk not only strengthens bones, delivers a host of other essential nutrients including calcium, protein and potassium.
- Tomatoes – Juicy and red, tomatoes feature lycopene, an antioxidant that promotes heart health. Watermelon and pink grapefruit are also great sources.
- Coffee – Decaf or regular, coffee has more antioxidants than an entire serving of raspberries, blueberries or orange juice. And the darker the roast, the more antioxidants.