Daily Health Tips update for December 7:
You may know all about the good fat in coconut oil and how cooking with it can be beneficial for your overall health, but did you know that it can highlight a certain part of your face? Check out these 10 not-so-typical uses for coconut oil.
- Cooking at high heat. Ok, this one is more of a “normal” use, but since some oils are unsafe to cook with at high temperatures, coconut oil is a great alternative.
- Cheekbone highlighter. Apply a small amount on cheekbones over makeup.
- Shaving “lotion.” Close shave and a moisturizer at the same time.
- Deep conditioning hair treatment. Rub a small amount of oil into hair (mostly at ends), comb through and put hair in a loose bun before bed, and wash out in the morning.
- Eye makeup remover.
- An all-natural facial moisturizer.
- Massage oil.
- Body moisturizer. Applied directly after showering or bathing, it helps retain moisture and is better for your skin than most lotions.
- Hair flyaway tamer. Use VERY sparingly on ends or areas with flyaways.
- Gluten free and vegan cooking. Another food one, but it adds a little something extra to a dish.
Source: Prevention Magazine