Daily Health Tips update for May 3:
The vitamin B12 bandwagon has been cruising along at a steady speed for some time now, but it might be time to start putting your money where your mouth is and take a gamble on the health benefits of this amazing vitamin.
- Pick me up. Vitamin B12 may help alleviate depression by working with a compound that makes serotonin, which gives the brain an all over good feeling.
- Sing me a lullaby. B12 can also help increase melatonin, the hormone responsible for you getting a good night’s sleep.
- Catching my breath. Studies have found that high doses of B12 can improve asthma-related attacks and relieve shortness of breath.
- Go swimmers, go! B12 has also been linked to a dramatic increase in the sperm counts of men. It also super-charges the sperm, helping it swim faster and stronger.
- Ring a ding! Tinnitus, that annoying ringing in your ears, can often be linked to those with a vitamin B12 deficiency. Some people have noticed a diminished ringing from simply taking a B12 supplement.
So where can you get your hands on some B12? Well, aside from supplements, some of the foods richest in vitamin B12 include salmon, lamb, beef, shrimp and yogurt. So eat up and keep that wagon healthy!