Scientific research on coconut oil has shown improved hair health, good skin health, stress relief help, healthy cholesterol support, weight loss, increased immunity, better metabolism maintenance and digestion, plus relief from kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure and diabetes. These benefits can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, as well as the oil’s antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial properties.
Take a look at how external application of coconut oil can help you:
- Hair Care: Coconut oil is a great source for natural hair health nutrition. It supports healthy hair growth and helps ensures that your scalp is free of dandruff, lice and lice eggs.
- Stress Relief: Coconut oil is very soothing which provides stress relief help. Massage it into your scalp and temples to alleviate mental fatigue.
- Skin Care: Coconut oil is excellent for good skin health due to its moisturizing properties for all types of skin. It also delays wrinkles and helps in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections.
- Bones: Coconut oil supports the absorption of important bone minerals such as calcium and magnesium. Coconut oil is very useful for women who are prone to osteoporosis after middle age.
- Digestion: Coconut oil helps the digestive system by warding off various stomach and digestion-related problems, including irritable bowel syndrome. The saturated fats in coconut oil have antimicrobial properties that combat bacteria, fungi and parasites that cause indigestion.
- Immunity: Coconut oil strengthens the immune system with its antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid which have antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Blood Sugar: Coconut oil helps in controlling blood sugar and improves the secretion of insulin. It also helps in effective utilization of blood glucose.
Source: Organic Facts