Daily Health Tips update for March 22:
Check out these health benefits of a common kitchen staple, apple cider vinegar.
- If you’re feeling exhausted after a workout, add a couple of tablespoons of this vinegar to your glass of water. It contains potassium and enzymes, and the amino acids can act as an antidote to the buildup of lactic acid in your system.
- To whiten your teeth, gargle in the morning with apple cider vinegar—it helps remove stains and whiten your teeth, as well as kills bacteria in your mouth.
- For an upset stomach, sip a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with water. If it’s a bacterial infection, the antibiotics in the vinegar can help.
- A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar can stop hiccups immediately.
- Before eating foods that you know are going to make you feel sick later, add 1 teaspoon of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey to a glass of warm water and drink it about half an hour before you eat.
- For leg cramps that wake you up in the night, add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a glass of warm water.
- Drinking one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water can help drain your sinuses.
- When you start feeling a sore throat coming on, gargle ¼ cup apple cider vinegar and ¼ cup warm water every hour—the acidic environment vinegar creates kills most germs.
Source: Reader’s Digest