Daily Health Tips update for March 16:
The benefits of nuts are well known—promote weight loss, lower disease risk, improve heart health and more. Try these nut varieties today!
- Walnuts. These nuts feature the most antioxidants and lots of omega-3s, which can fight inflammation. They can also reduce PMS symptoms.
- Almonds. Fiber and vitamin E help make this nut healthy. They can help with weight loss, blood sugar and raising the levels of good bacteria in your stomach.
- Cashews. The iron, zinc and magnesium found in this nut can help prevent anemia, improve immune and vision health, and improve memory.
- Pecans. For those looking for heart-healthy foods, pecans pack antioxidants that can help prevent plaque in your arteries.
- Brazil Nuts. One serving of these nuts can deliver more than 100% of your RDI of selenium, which may help boost immune health.
- Macadamia Nuts. For the greatest amount of MUFAs (heart-healthy monounsaturated fats), try macadamia nuts.
- Pistachios. At less than 4 calories per nut, pistachios are a great snack for those trying to keep a healthy weight. They also have potassium and vitamin B6.
- Hazelnuts. For vitamin E and monounsaturated fats, hazelnuts are a good choice. They can improve heart health and maintain healthy skin.
Source: Everyday Health