Daily Health Tips update for March 12:
Taking care of your skin isn’t just about moisturizing your face and quitting smoking. It’s also about stress, what you eat, and what you do. Follow these 7 easy tips to keep your skin looking fresh.
- Wash your face before bed. Not only will you rid your face of makeup, you’ll also remove dirt and bacteria to prevent your skin from becoming irritated and clogging your pores. Use a gentle face wash.
- Use sunscreen. Slathering on SPF 30 every day will help your skin from becoming exposed to UV rays. Only 10 minutes of UVA exposure can change your skin to lead to wrinkles and sunspots in just 12 weeks.
- Stress less. The stress hormone cortisol is increased by constant anxiety, which eventually breaks down collagen. Stress can also lead to facial redness and acne.
- Use a retinoid. To speed cell turnover and collagen growth, try this vitamin A derivative. This will help smooth fine lines and wrinkles and fade brown spots.
- Refresh your product routine. Every 6 to 12 months, swap out one or more products in your routine to prevent your skin from going into maintenance mode.
- Get your omega 3s. Foods like salmon, flaxseed and almonds contain this healthy fat, which keeps your skin firm.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise gives your skin oxygen and nutrients it needs for collagen production. Women who work out consistently have firmer skin than non-exercisers. Shoot for three 30 minute workouts per week.