Daily Health Tips update for August 28:
Thanks to advancements in the medical field and technology, we’re living longer and healthier than ever before. Reaching the age of 100 isn’t as unattainable as it once was. Incorporate these tips into your lifestyle to help you live a longer and healthier life.
- Eat Cabbage. It might not sound very appetizing but cruciferous vegetables deliver healthy nutrients like fiber and vitamins A and C to the body. So the next time you’re making a salad, be sure to toss in some red cabbage.
- Forget Your Contacts. Memorizing phone numbers and dialing without looking them up is a simple step you can take to keep your memory alert.
- Be Choosy in the Restroom. The next time you use a public restroom, choose the first stall. It’s the least popular stall, which means it has less bacteria compared to the others.
- Take the Stairs. Skip the elevator and turn the stairs into a quick exercise. Stair stepping helps strengthen rarely-used muscles in the butt and thighs.
- Stretch after Showering. Prevent soreness and wake up muscles after showering by giving them a little stretch. When muscles are already warm, stretches are more effective.
Stay tuned! Tomorrow we’ll reveal 5 more tips to help you live a long and healthy life!
Source: Dr. Oz