You may have heard about the natural healing practices of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Ayurveda, but have you ever heard of Jamu? It’s the traditional herbal practices of Java in the South Pacific. Check out the health benefits of this island’s wonders:
- Holy basil, also known as Tulsi, soothes the adrenal glands and lowers stress hormones, including cortisol. Try tulsi tea to help cut anxiety and reduce headaches.
- Gotu kola consists of compounds that improve blood flow, sending more oxygen to the brain. This helps boost your ability to concentrate.
- Lemongrass contains citral, a unique compound that supports the production of liver enzymes, which help flush toxins from your system. Drink as a tea and sweeten with honey.
- Coconut oil features lauric acid, a component linked to healthy immune function. Javanese cooking uses this instead of vegetable oils. Look for unprocessed, extra virgin coconut oil.
- Turmeric, common in Asian cuisine, is much more than a spice to jazz up your rice or egg dishes. Its antioxidant power supports memory and brain health. In fact, the island of Java reports very few cases of age-related mental decline.
Source: Woman’s World