If you’re using an antioxidant supplement and you don’t know about astaxanthin, keep reading. It’s one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants, and due to its unique molecular structure, it can move throughout your body to target health concerns and protect your body’s cells from head to toe.
BioAstin® Hawaiian Astaxanthin™ from Nutrex Hawaii (founded in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii in 1990 by Dr. Gerald Cysewski, a world-renowned expert in microalgae and carotenoids) is the leading astaxanthin supplement available today. It’s been shown in human clinical studies to offer natural nutritional support for several health concerns...
- Supports joint and tendon health
- Supports skin health during UV and sun exposure
- Supports eye and brain health
- Promotes efficient recovery from exercise
What Is Astaxanthin?
Astaxanthin is a carotenoid. Carotenoids are pigment colors in nature. Astaxanthin is the red pigment color found in salmon, shrimp, crab and even the pink color in flamingos. BioAstin Hawaiian Astaxanthin is derived from fresh water algae (Haematococcus Pluvialis) that is grown fresh on their farm in Kona, Hawaii, and it does not contain any fish or shellfish bi-products.
Astaxanthin has the unique property in that it can protect the entire cell--it has polar hydrophilic ends that span across the entire cell membrane. Most other well-known antioxidants cannot do this. BioAstin works throughout the entire body, including your eyes, brain, cardiovascular system, muscles, and skin, providing more protection from the damaging effects of free radicals and oxidative stress.
How Does BioAstin Astaxanthin Compare to Other Antioxidants?
- 550 times stronger than vitamin E
- 11 times stronger than beta carotene
- 800 times stronger than CoQ10
- 6,000 times stronger than vitamin C
- Free of yeast, corn, wheat, gluten, and lactose
- BSE Free
What about That Red Surfboard?
So you want to win a surfboard, eh? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard that. Well, good news. Nutrex Hawaii sent us this brilliant red surfboard to give away to one lucky fan.
Surfing abilities are not required (as evident by the pictures of our team putting on our best surfer pose here in North Dakota!).
TWO WAYS TO WIN:
- Follow us on Instagram, post your best surfer pose and tag it with #swansonsurfer
- Follow us on Facebook, find one of our surfing pics and post a comment with your best caption
We’ll pick one winner from all entries on Monday, August 5. We will be completely subjective and pick the best pose and/or the best caption... so get those creative juices flowing!