Here’s something: a weight loss supplement that has clinical studies backing up its claims. Awesome, right? I admit, when I was given the job to write yet another blog post about weight loss, I wasn’t too excited. But when I started to read and learn about fücoTHIN®, my mood shifted and optimism took over.
So What Is fücoTHIN®?
This natural, whole-food based supplement from Garden of Life is made from fucoxanthin, a component of brown seaweed, and virgin, cold-pressed pomegranate seed oil. These two key ingredients are paired up in specific proportions to create this patent-pending formula that is naturally thermogenic.
>>>DEFINITION: Thermogenesis is the process by which the body increases its metabolic rate, requiring utilization of internal stores of energy such as fat.
The blend of fucoxanthin and pomegranate seed oil is known as Xanthigen™ and was created by Dr. Zakir Ramazanov. After many years of studying marine vegetables (a.k.a. seaweed), Dr. Ramazanov developed a theory—he started to question whether the seaweed featured so prominently in the traditional Japanese diet had something to do with the superior health and wellness enjoyed by the Japanese people.
It was this brilliant line of thinking that ultimately led to the development of Xanthigen... Dr. Ramazanov applied his expertise to cultivate the brown seaweed and then extract the fucoxanthin from it in such a way that resulted in a stable, highly concentrated distillation of fucoxanthin primed for dietary supplement use. From there, he added the pomegranate seed oil and determined how to effectively use this new blend (Xanthigen) to promote healthy weight management.
>>>DEFINITION: Fucoxanthin is a carotenoid (like lutein and lycopene) and one of nature’s powerful antioxidants. It is the pigment that gives brown seaweed its color and is found in several different types of brown seaweed.
Let’s take a look at two main studies that demonstrated fucoxanthin’s thermogenic potential for weight loss and metabolic rate. Both studies met the “gold standard” for clinical testing (randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled) and both tested the exact same formula and dosage of Xanthingen present in fücoTHIN.
The “Metabolic Rate” Study
- The group taking Xanthigen (fücoTHIN) experienced an increase in energy expenditure rate (also known as Metabolic Rate)
- The average metabolic rate increase was 18.2% higher than the Placebo group (i.e. Xanthigen group experienced a boost in their metabolism)
- The first sign of increased metabolic rate appeared after the 5th full week of the study
The “Weight Loss” Study
- Mathematically, the group who took fücoTHIN lost over 4.5 times more weight than the group who only dieted
- Waist circumference was significantly reduced in those taking Xanthigen versus the placebo.
- The study determined that “Xanthigen (fücoTHIN) promotes weight loss, body and liver fat content reduction in obese non-diabetic female subjects....”
- The first “statistically significant reduction in body weight” occurred after 6 continuous weeks of supplementation
All-New fücoTHIN® GREEN w/ Svetol®
The folks at Garden of Life recently launched a new fücoTHIN formula that includes the powerful raw green coffee bean extract known as Svetol (the same green coffee supplement you may have seen on TV in recent months).
fücoTHIN GREEN is the first 100% natural, raw, Whole Food supplement to combine the thermogenic power of two clinically studied, non-stimulant, natural weight management nutrients: Xanthigen (raw, concentrated fucoxanthin) and Svetol (raw, naturally decaffeinated green coffee bean extract). This weight loss supplement is everything you want... and everything you don’t want (vegan, non-GMO and gluten free, dairy free and soy free)!
Where to Buy fucoThin?
Garden of Life products, such as fücoTHIN are available for purchase, right here at SwansonVitamins.com.