No one eagerly looks forward to starting a weight loss program, which is why “I’ll start Monday” is the mantra the procrastinating dieter. After all, dieting usually involves reducing, or even completely eliminating favorite food items from a meal plan. Additionally, dieting typically requires a reduction in caloric intake. In other words, eating less (sometimes far less) than one is accustomed to.
It’s no wonder that many interpret the word “diet” as being synonymous with “starving and miserable.” However, with a little planning and a set of realistic expectations, achieving a weight loss goal can prove to be a rewarding experience!
The first thing to consider is that any diet is only as effective as its long-term sustainability. Simply put, a weight loss program won’t be successful if it involves short-term periods of food deprivation. You see, just about anyone can muster up enough willpower to reduce calories and avoid certain foods for a short period of time. However, as the weeks wear on, even the strongest of willpowers inevitably succumb to gnawing food cravings. What typically follows is all-out “food bingeing.” At that point, the whole diet is “blown.”
So, the initial strategy is to re-align our concept of what it takes to achieve lasting weight management. Let’s get right to the point. A diet is only effective if it is sustainable over a long period of time. Therefore, lasting weight management must involve a lifestyle that consists of sensible nutritional strategies and regular physical activity. I’ve outlined the top ten things you can do to get started. Let’s have a look:
Laci’s Ten Super Diet Tips
- Check with your doctor before starting any weight management plan.
- Consume small, reduced calorie, frequent meals (4-6 times daily).
- Enjoy and digest your meals better by chewing your food slowly.
- Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes, 3-5 days a week.
- Avoid or minimize sugary, fatty, processed, and sodium-rich foods.
- Drink a minimum of six to eight 8-oz. glasses of water per day.
- Incorporate Natrol My Favorite Multiple natural health vitamins into your diet plan.
- Develop healthy snacking habits with wholesome foods.
- Gain a positive mental outlook.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. Learn to laugh along the way. Being healthy should be fun!
Now, let us show you how simple it is to get on the right nutritional track. Following is a “starter” meal plan to get you started with better natural health choices.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
*This product is to be used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise regimen.