Experience the best in healthy cooking (limiting your intake of saturated fats and hydrogenated oils) by using flaxseed oil as your cooking oil of choice. Flaxseed oil includes the healthy essential fatty acids benefits found in flaxseed. Here's a quick and easy recipe featuring many natural organic foods that you can get from Swanson Health Products at a great price!
Recipe: Udon Noodles with Garden Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 8.8 ounces Japanese Udon noodles
- 3-4 large beefsteak tomatoes (peeled & cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed or 1/2 teaspoon Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried Organic Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Crystal Salt
- freshly ground Organic Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Organic Flaxseed Oil
- Prepare noodles according to directions on package.
- Combine the tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer for ~20 minutes.
- Add the flaxseed oil and whisk well.
- Add half of the sauce to the hot noodles and mix.
- Plate and top with remaining sauce.
- Garlic Toast optional
Serves 4 adults
Try Swanson Flaxseed Oil in another tasty recipe: Magic Quinoa a March 2009 Customer Recipe Winner!