As the popularity of one of our newest formulas here at Swanson Health Products continues to rise, I thought it would be nice offer some supplemental information to go with it... a supplement to your supplement, if you will.
I’m talking about DAOSin, our new formula that provides defense against natural dietary histamine. There are certain foods that contain high amounts of histamine, foods that some of us have discovered don’t quite agree with us. DAOSin was developed for just this reason.
In a recent catalog, I wrote about a friend of mine here at SHP who seemed incapable of enjoying a glass of wine or a pint of beer without succumbing to a sneezing fit. We later learned that wine and beer are two of the biggest histamine-producing foods, meaning his “bar allergy” was nothing more than histamine excess.
So what are some other foods besides beer and wine that are natural histamine-producers? Let’s take a look:
- Cheese, yogurt, buttermilk and other fermented milk products
- Fermented meats like pepperoni or bologna
- Sauerkraut and other fermented vegetables (see a pattern here?)
- Alcohol, specifically fermented booze like beer, ale and wine
- Tomatoes and cherries
- Citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, limes and grapefruit)
- The spices cinnamon, anise and nutmeg
This list is by no means comprehensive. If you’d like a more detailed breakdown of what foods might be leading to a histamine overload, click here to read my interview with Dr. Janice Joneja, author, researcher, educator and clinical counselor who is widely recognized as a leading expert in food intolerance.
Want to stay up-to-date with our newest breakthrough formulas? There are many ways you can stay connected with Swanson Health Products:
- Join us on Facebook
- Get free email updates from the blog: Click Here (or enter your email address below and click Submit)
- Sign up for our offer emails and newsletter
- We even have a new Google+ page you can follow