Remove compress bag from liner pouch prior to placing in water, microwave, etc.
Cold Compress Use
- Place compress in freezer for at least one hour.
- Remove compress from freezer. Wrap compress in specially designed mesh wrap, then apply to injured area.
- Place in freezer for future use.
Hot Compress Use (Boiling)
Boiling provides best heating results
- Bring pan of water to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Place compress in the pan for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove compress from pan. Place compress in specially designed mesh wrap, then apply to injured area.
Hot Compress Use (Microwave)
- Place compress in a microwave container and cover completely with water.
CAUTION: Never heat without covering compress with water.
- Place container in microwace and heat at full power for 3 minutes. (Time based on a 600 watt microwave oven.)
- After heating, remove compress from container and place in specially designed mesh wrap, then apply to injured area.
Do not apply hot/cold pack directly to skin. Always place the compress in the specially designed wrap before applying. Do not apply to sensitive skin or with poor circulation. Extra care should be exercised when applying the compress to infants or the elderly. Watch while heating in microwave. If product expands, turn off the microwave. Always place compress in water while heating in microwave.