|Anhydrous citric acid 1000 mg||Antacid|
|Aspirin 325 mg||Analgesic|
|Sodium Bicarbonate (heat treated) 1916 mg||Antacid|
for the relief of
- heartburn, acid indigestion, and sour stomach when accompanied with headache or body aches and pains
- upset stomach with headache from over-indulgence in food or drink
- headache, body aches, and pain alone
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers should not use this medicine for chicken pox or flu symptoms before a doctor is consulted about Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness reported to be associated with aspirin. Allergy Alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Alcohol Warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take aspirin or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Aspirin may cause stomach bleeding.
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- bleeding problems
- stomach problems that last or come back frequently, such as heartburn, upset stomach, or pain.
- a sodium-restricted diet.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- presently taking a prescription drug. Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs
- taking a prescription drug for anticoagulation (blood thinning), diabetes, gout, or arthritis.
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away
- symptoms get worse or last more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- new symptoms occur
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- fully dissolve tablets in 4 ounces of water before taking
|Adults and children 12 years and older||2 tablets every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor||do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours|
|Adults 60 years and older||2 tablets every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor||do not exceed 6 tablets in 24 hours|
|Childer under 12 years||consult a doctor|
- each tablet contains: sodium 567 mg
- store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat.
- Alka-Seltzer in water contains principally the antacid sodium citrate and the analgesic sodium acetylsalicylate.
Questions or Comments?
1-800-986-0369 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)or www.alkaseltzer.com